September 2019 start
Full time, Permanent
Based in Abbey Street, Dublin 1
Canada Life Reinsurance (CL Re) is a leading provider of client focused reinsurance solutions in Europe and the United States. CL Re offers a range of innovative risk and capital management solutions covering mortality, longevity, health and lapse risk for insurers, reinsurers and pension funds. CL Re are continuing to expand the reinsurance solutions we offer to new and existing clients in many European markets including the UK, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Ireland.
Canada Life Reinsurance (CL Re) is a division of Great-West Lifeco (GWL), a global financial services holding company with approximately C$1.2 trillion in assets under administration and over 23,000 employees. CL Re has offices in Dublin, Philadelphia, Barbados, Regina and Toronto. The Dublin office is our European headquarters and has grown very significantly in the last few years. It is a dynamic, proactive and exciting place to work where talent and hard work are recognised and rewarded.
Canada Life International Re dac is seeking to recruit a small number of ambitious and talented candidates to the role of Actuarial Trainee. The successful candidates will play a key role in supporting development, oversight and management of our new and existing European reinsurance transactions.
The roles offer the opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of reinsurance across a diverse range of business, including both life and property & casualty product lines. The nature of the work will include underwriting and pricing new transactions as well as the regular valuation and monitoring of the inforce business (including the application of Solvency II, GAAP and IFRS financial reporting standards).
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will evolve with increasing experience, but are likely to include supporting our actuarial teams with:
- The structuring and pricing of new transactions, including managing the data analysis, modelling and risk assessment.
- Implementation of new reinsurance transactions, including operational support.
- Monitoring the in-force business, including experience investigations, reviewing transaction performance, basis review and addressing commercial issues.
- Producing cash flows, reserves, capital and risk metrics from actuarial models to assist senior staff in the production of required financial reporting for various regimes across a diverse range of business types.
- Communicating proposals and results to senior management.
- Should have/be on track to receive a minimum 2.1 university degree.
- Relevant subjects such as Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance are preferred (but we will consider candidates from wider degrees where the candidate achieved an A in maths Leaving Cert/A-Level exams and has a keen interest in Actuarial as a career choice). – Highly numerate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative and be flexible
- Experience in using Microsoft Office package is desirable
- Technical Expertise
- Commercial Awareness
- Team Work and Cross Functional Collaboration
- Drive for Results
- Communicating and Influencing
Please note the closing date for receipt of applications is 4 pm on Friday 30 November 2018 Applications will not be accepted after this date. The post will be advertised across the Irish Life Group.
We reserve the right to select a shortlist from the applications received. The selection process employed will be at the discretion of the Group.
CLGS supports Equal Opportunity and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland