Data Science Internship
Each summer, Pramerica offer a limited number of Data Science Internships. The internships last over a 12-week period and take place at Pramerica’s headquarters in Letterkenny Co. Donegal.
Start date – early June 2018
The role of the Data Science Team is to build actionable predictive models to increase policy growth, customer satisfaction and retention, and reduce loss experience and potential fraudulent activity.
These Internships are a great way to kick-start your career, by having meaningful work experience and being part of a dynamic team within a great environment. We wish to extend this excellent opportunity to a number of students in 2018.
As a Data Science Intern you’ll be tasked with combining your creativity and analytical skills to solve some of the most complex problems in the US insurance & retirement market. This role provides a unique opportunity to explore a wide range of machine learning techniques within a leading edge environment, creating the tools that enable Prudential Financial to lead the industry.
The summer internship follows a structured program, completing a 4-6 week training project typically centered on building an end-to-end predictive model with guidance from senior data scientists.
During your internship you could be given projects across a diverse range of topics including estimating losses, simulating customer demand and predicting next best offer to make consumers.
- You will be mentored by experienced Data Scientists who will help you gain a strong career foundation through daily training and coaching.
• By the end of your internship you will have a thorough understanding of how analytical techniques are used to solve business problems.
• You will be accountable for your work from start to finish and present your final results to Prudential Senior Management.
• The internships will be 12 weeks in duration beginning in early June.
• This will be a paid Internship.
• Successful applicants will arrange and cover costs of accommodation etc. for Internship duration in Letterkenny Co. Donegal, Ireland.
Candidates should be in 3rd or 4th year of, or, a graduate of, a Degree, Masters or PhD program in a quantitative degree and be on track to obtain at least a 2:1 or equivalent
• Minimum grade B in Leaving Certificate Higher-Level Mathematics or A-level Mathematics (or equivalent qualification)
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Click here to apply – https://www.pramerica.ie/careers/jobs/data-science/